CityCAD 2.5.0 Released
CityCAD 2.5 has been released, five years after CityCAD 1.0 was launched in 2008.
New license management system
The most significant upgrade is a new license management system. From a secure login area on our website, you can now:
- view and manage your CityCAD licenses
- purchase, renew or cancel your existing licenses
- request quotes
- view billing information and download invoices for each of your orders
- access an archive of account emails that have been sent to you
- submit and view support tickets, and discuss issues with other users in your organization
This new licensing database is fully integrated with CityCAD 2.5, so you can purchase, activate and deactivate your copies automatically. The new system also makes it easy to transfer licenses between PCs in your office as needed.
New city modelling and analysis features
Other new features include:
- All CityCAD Help articles are now online to ensure that you are viewing the most up-to-date information, and all articles can be viewed in the City Design Assistant panel.
- A new search feature has been included in the Help system to make it quicker to find the article you are looking for.
- New HD video tutorials have been prepared with audio description, and have been uploaded to our YouTube page.
- Urban Resource (.urbresource) files are new utility files which can make it easier to exchange information and custom land use settings with other members of your team.
- A new 'car park' category for custom land uses makes it easier to create and account for several different types of parking - for example multi-storey, deck and surface parking - in your model.
- New online database resources for sites in the UK have been added to the online database in the City Design Assistant panel. The plan is to expand this to other countries and regions.
Get your 30-day free trial
The free trial has been reset, so you can now download and activate a fully-featured 30-day free trial of CityCAD, even if you have already activated a free trial for a previous version.