CityCAD 2.4 released
CityCAD 2.4 introduces several new modelling and analysis features.
More flexible city modelling
The new 'Adjacent Blocks' settings for streets give you more flexibility when modelling with perimeter blocks or perimeter objects (e.g. houses). For example, you can set the block depth along a route to zero in order to form L-shaped or U-shaped perimeter blocks, or switch off houses along internal block lanes.
CityCAD 2.4 includes a new custom shading system, where you can specify colours for shading according to attributes such as number of storeys or net parking spaces.
CityCAD 2.4 also includes several miscellaneous improvements:
- New 'Add at same position' option for ground plane images allows you to import a second image at exactly the same location as an image already in your model. This can be useful if you have several parameter plans showing different things, but which all need to be placed at the same location in your model.
- New 'Refresh from image file' option allows you to replace an image already on the ground plane with another. This can be useful if you need to update an image such as a concept plan or sketch, but don't want the hassle of re-importing it at the same location.
- Energy and resource use inputs can now be set 'per day', as well as per week, month and year.
- Graphic improvements to subdivision drawing to make it easier to see subdivision lines when drawing.
- Stability improvements to online database, and option to search for new results from within the online database panel.
- New layout option where the properties panel can extend to the full height of the CityCAD window with the city analysis panels still visible, making it easier to edit models on smaller laptop screens.
- Miscellaneous stability and performance enhancements.