CityCAD 2.7.3 released
We have released version 2.7.3 of our conceptual urban masterplanning application.
If you haven't used CityCAD before, this is a great time to try it out. Download and run the setup file and you can activate a free trial for 30 days. Then go to our list of video tutorials and watch 'Getting started'.
Do you already have a CityCAD license?
You can upgrade to this version free of charge - just download and run the setup file. This will update your existing installation and your license will be unaffected.
Have you tried a free trial of CityCAD before?
Summary of all new features since CityCAD 2.6
Drawing and editing improvements
- New offset, fillet and extend tools to draw lines and streets more quickly and precisely.
- Drawing constraints to fixed angles relative to the grid and nearby geometry. For example, if you start drawing a street leading off another street, it will snap to a direction at 90 degrees from the original street.
- Inferred snaps make it easier and quicker to draw rectilinear blocks.
Enhanced visualization features
- Ambient occlusion shading to improve perception of shapes.
- Specular highlights (sun reflection) on all surfaces in the model.
- Customizeable brightness settings in display preferences
- Custom model shading options
- New memory management system for ground plane images
- Improved DXF interchange system with better performance and a new option to export only individual trees, route or block interior trees in the DXF model.
- Some minor bug fixes.