CityCAD offers a quick and easy way of sketching conceptual urban masterplans. You can draw routes and junctions are automatically modelled where they intersect, complete with pavements and kerb radii. If you move a road, then adjacent urban blocks are re-sized and their area is recalculated.
Urban blocks can be edited by adjusting parameters - such as the number of storeys, setback from street, space use, depth of buildings in perimeter blocks, densities and house widths for residential blocks - and the 3D model will update automatically.
Overview of city modelling features
- 3D visualization of conceptual street design, block massing and open spaces
- Drawing and editing of streets, spaces and buildings.
- Import and export to DXF drawing format.
- Import image files and place on ground plane.
- Import DXF drawing and place on the ground as a 'base map' which can then be snapped to and traced over with CityCAD streets.
- Create models using different block templates - semi-detached/detached housing, terraced housing, mixed-use perimeter blocks, buildings and open spaces.
- Generic 'mixed use' block template can be used to enter % of different land uses within the block.
- Model can be organized into groups (like CAD layers) and phases (like CAD layers except with a start and end date).
- Custom library of components can be created, which can be easily inserted into the model. For example, wind turbines with an electrical energy generation rate or housing developments with known quantities can be stored in this library.