Basic CityCAD training
This is day 1 of a 3-day intensive CityCAD training course. It can be taken separately from the other two days.
- A 20-minute 'quick start' session to create a quick model and understand the basics of the software.
- An introduction to help documentation, tutorials and other available resources.
- Unit systems and local settings
- Land use defaults
- Importing ground plane images
- Importing DXF city items
Creating city models
- Drawing routes
- Introducing groups and phases
- Quick sketching of masterplan concepts
- An introduction to block types
- Using the 'Next Floor' and 'Next Block' toolbar
- Drawing city items and trees
- Using the 'Draw blocks' feature
- Using snaps
Editing your city model
- Using the modify tool
- Deleting elements
- Copying and pasting elements
- Using the Save/Apply Settings tools
- Using the CIty Grid to keep track of floor areas and other quantities.
- Using the Land Use Mix panel.
- Introduction to sustainability analysis in CityCAD
- An introduction to the movement tab
- An introduction to liveability analysis
- An introduction to the appraisal tab
- Using the online database to find case studies
- Exporting plan diagram images
- Exporting DXF CAD models
- Exporting data
- Installation and activating CityCAD, and managing a small number of users.