Advanced CityCAD training
This is day 3 of a 3-day intensive course. It can be taken separately from the first two days, although we recommend that users only take this course if they have achieved a very good working knowledge of using CityCAD beforehand.
- Troubleshooting when importing DXF-URB files.
- Importing tabular data files and mapping variables on to the CityCAD model
- Troubleshooting when creating DXF City Items to be imported into CityCAD.
Creating city models
- Overview of all route drawing methods and keyboard shortcuts.
- Custom parameters in depth
- Advanced Appraisal analysis – cost/value item types
- Adding timings to the appraisal tab and viewing the timing chart.
- Residual land valuation using the appraisal tab
- Advanced techniques for improving graphic quality of outputs
- Management of CityCAD as part of a wider project team
- CityCAD and different project types
- Using CityCAD as a conceptual design tool
- Using CityCAD as an urban analysis tool
- Managing information exchange with other applications
- Dealing with larger scale models and optimizing graphics performance
- CityCAD Licence Management
- Recovering files using the Autosave feature
- Managing configuration files
- An overview of the URB file format and developing customized reporting tools
- Plugin / extension options