Moving licenses from one PC to another
Your license information will be stored in our secure online database, and you can move a license from one PC to another by following these steps:
- On the old PC, open the CityCAD Product Activation window and click 'Deactivate'.
- On the new PC, go to the Product Activation window. Ensure you have entered your license code correctly and click 'Activate'.
You can do this as many times as you like, for example to share CityCAD licenses between mutiple users in an office, or when upgrading PCs.
Moving licenses from one PC to another on older (pre version 2.5) versions of CityCAD
Licenses can be managed individually using the Product Activation window. To move a license to another PC, follow these steps:
- Install CityCAD on the new PC
- Go to the old PC, open CityCAD, go to the Product Activation window and click 'Deactivate'
- Make a note of the deactivation code that will be displayed.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the deactivation code. Let us know that you want to move it to another PC. We will then make sure your license is authorized for additional activation.
- Go to the new PC (with CityCAD installed), open CityCAD and go to the Product Activation window. Enter your license code and click 'Activate'.