There are two kinds of reports you can export:
- A short 1-page summary
- A longer masterplan report
Both of these are in RTF (rich text format). RTF can be used in many common word processing applications such as Microsoft Word™ or WordPad™.
At the top of the window are controls which apply to both the summary and the longer report.
- Add a title to your report by selecting the 'Add Title' check box.
- Adjust the font and colour of each title by pressing the 'Font' and 'Colour' buttons.
- Adjust the font and colour of Normal text using the buttons next to 'Normal Text'.
Creating a 1-page summary
- Select the 'Include Appraisal Info' check box if you want to include basic information from the appraisal tab about your model.
Click 'Export One Page Summary...' to export the document in RTF format.
Creating a Masterplan Report
Hint: Introduction Text
If you go to the General tab of the City Analysis Panels and expand the panel by clicking the up arrow, you will see the notes section.
You can type extended text into this panel and it will appear as the first text in the Introduction section of any exported report.
You can choose what information is included in the longer report by selecting the check boxes.
- Select 'Include All Sections' to check all of the boxes below.
- Select 'Introduction' to include the text typed in the Notes section of the expanded General tab.
- Select 'Land Use Summary' to include the Land Use Summary from the Activity tab.
- Select 'Residential Summary' to include a summary of residential land uses by ownership type.
- Select 'Detailed Schedule' to include a detailed schedule of all blocks in your model from the City Grid. If you select 'Group Elements with Same Name', then the values of all groups with the same name will be totalled up and it will be presented as just one element - for example if you have several subdivisions in a building which are all the same property unit). You can also choose whether to display both NFA and GFA, just GFA or just NFA.
- Select '24-hr Activity Cycle' to include this from the Activity tab.
- Select 'Environmental Info' to include information from the Environmental tab.
- Select 'Liveability Info' to include information from the Liveability tab.
- Select 'Movement Info' to include information from the Movement tab.
- Select 'Appraisal Summary' to include information from the Appraisal tab.
Click 'Export Masterplan Report..' to export the document in RTF format.
Technical note - creating more sophisticated customized reports
If you want to create multiple reports of different scenarios in a custom format with your own template, you may want to export your Data (see below) into a csv or xls file. You can then use a mail merge or similar process to create your report.